Mukilteo is packed with shopping and dining destinations and I have your insider’s guide to some of the best. From gifts to breakfast to seafood, these are some of the top places to get the most bang for your buck.
Here is my guide to the 20 most recommended shopping and dining spots in Mukilteo:
Beach Glass by K. Miller Interiors
- Located at 619 4th St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 10:00am-4:00pm Tuesday-Saturday; closed Sunday-Monday
Need a unique gift? One of my favorite places to shop for special gift items in Mukilteo is Beach Glass. Tucked away in a quaint courtyard and neighboring the popular Red Cup Cafe, this little shop is packed with unique items. BONUS, the owner (Krista) also offers specialized design services. Check it out!
This summer, leave the picnicking to the pros at Proper Picnic. Proper Picnic is based in Mukilteo. Picnics to-go or to-gift, this is a very cool, niche business I hope to check out soon. From gourmet picnics to kid picnics to puppy picnics(!), they even sell accessories like sun hats and blankets.
- Located at 407 Lincoln Ave. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, stop by the Mukilteo Chocolate Company. Mukilteo Chocolate Co. is where you can find individually hand-crafted fine European chocolate…oh so yummy! They also serve ice cream. While you’re there be sure to say hi to Jan who owns and makes the chocolate!
- Located at 609 Front St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 3:00pm-7:00pm Wednesday Only (June-September)
If you want fresh food and neighborhood togetherness, look no further than the Mukilteo Farmers Market. I love to go to the farmers market. It’s my favorite place to shop, full of talented local vendors and events that serve the community.
- Located at 12680 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 8:00am-8:00pm
For your home improvement needs, you can’t go wrong with Mukilteo’s ACE Hardware. If you have any improvement issues or need quick help finding just about anything, every single employee at ACE can help you. Sometimes their advice will send you out the door without purchasing a single thing (like using match sticks to tighten screw holes). Also, this is the absolute best place to get keys made—they ALWAYS work!
- Located at 11601 Harbour Pointe Blvd. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 3:00pm-10:00pm Monday; 11:00am-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday; 3:00pm-11:00pm Saturday; closed Sunday
If you find yourself in Harbour Pointe, you can walk to The Scotsman Bistro. On the weekends they bring in Scottish musicians! The owner is always there and loves to chat (with his thick Scottish accent) to all his patrons! From the food to the scotch, it’s easy to see why this is a top Mukilteo dining destination.
- Located at 613 5th St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Thursday & Saturday; 8:30am-8:00pm Friday; 8:30am-3:00pm Sunday
Wake up on the right side of the bed with breakfast at the Sydney Bakery & Wine Bar. Freshly baked cinnamon rolls and sticky buns, plus a cappuccino or coffee (highly recommended!) are sure to give you the energy to jump start your day.
- Located at 619 4th St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 7:00am-5:00pm
Another popular spot is Red Cup Cafe, serving up delicious items and soothing views. Make sure to walk over the delightful courtyard to get fresh coffee at Red Cup. They also serve lunch. It’s so relaxing to sit and sip coffee and look at the Olympics and ferry sailings.
- Located at 8004 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 3:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 3:00pm-10:00pm Friday; 5:00pm-10:00pm Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
Known as the “best kept secret” of the North End, Amici Bistro is the place for local Italian cuisine. Homemade sausage, pizza dough, sauces, and more ensure that no matter why you’re there, you will have a delicious and memorable meal.
- Located at 11707 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 6:00am-3:00pm Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
For the best breakfast in town, there’s no beating Mukilteo’s Speedway Cafe. Fresh variations on classic diner dishes and prompt service promise that you will leave feeling full and ready to start the day.
The Diamond Knot Brewery & Alehouse
- Located at 621 Front St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 10:00am-1:00am Monday-Friday; 8:00am-1:00am Saturday-Sunday
Before hopping a ferry, grab some grub and beer at the Diamond Knot Brewery & Alehouse. The flagship location of Diamond Knot brewery is right near the ferry terminal. Great beer, food, and peanut shells on the floor!
- Located at 12190 Village Center Pl. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-10:00pm Friday; 4:00pm-9:30pm Saturday; 4:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
In the mood for some Thai? Head straight to Thai Rama 3 for a drink, and some of the best Thai food for miles. They also offer takeout, so you can enjoy their extensive list of yummy dishes at home!
- Located at 710 Front St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 10:00am-10:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 10:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday
When it comes to seafood, you just can’t go wrong with Ivar’s. I love the walk-up Ivar’s fish bar for quick fish & chips to take to the beach and watch the sunset over Whidbey Island. It’s right up there with Arnies… who can say no to the best seafood places in town?
- Located at 714 2nd St. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-10:00pm Sunday
Arnies Restaurant & Bar offers delicious local seafood and sweeping views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. If we can’t decide on dinner, we always end up at Arnie’s.
- Located at 403 Lincoln Ave. Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 10:30am-9:00pm
If you’re near Red Cup and want some pizza, stop by Sully’s Pizza & Calzones. From the same courtyard as Red Cup, you can walk over to Sully’s Pizza, where they serve gluten free and vegetarian pizza. Named after former mayor Brian Sullivan, Sully’s is a Mukilteo staple.
- Located at 8326 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-8:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 11:00am-9:00pm Friday-Saturday
Another pizzeria on my list is Brooklyn Bros. Friday nights when we don’t feel like driving, it’s fun to walk down to get the best pizza in the area. High quality ingredients, a perfectly-cooked crust, and intense flavors make these pies the best.
- Located at 7928 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-12:00am Sunday-Wednesday; 11:00am-2:00am Thursday-Saturday
Calling all sports fans! The Mukilteo Lodge is a great place to get a drink or watch a game. With extensive draft beers, hearty dishes, and game happy hours, you can cheer your team on to victory in true American style.
- Located at 8410 Mukilteo Speedway Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Thursday; 11:00am-10:00pm Friday; 12:00pm-9:00pm Saturday-Sunday; closed Monday-Wednesday
For authentic Thai, not much can beat Mukilteo Thai. A wide array of curries, appetizers, and other specialties are made-to-order, so you will always have your meal prepared just the way you like. My personal favorite is the Tiger Tearless.
- Located at 9999 Harbour Pl. #105 Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 11:00am-1:45pm & 5:00pm-8:45pm Tuesday-Friday; 12:00pm-2:15pm & 5:00pm-8:45pm Saturday; 5:00pm-8:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
There are so many great places to eat in Mukilteo. My new favorite is Café Soleil, a family-owned Euro-Japanese kitchen. The food is great and the service is superb! I love to hang out with the chef and get a good recommendation for the day. My tip? Have you ever had a green tea crème brûlée for dessert? It’s delicious!
- Located at 649 5th St. #100 Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Hours: 4:30pm-9:00pm Tuesday-Saturday; closed Sunday-Monday
“For a special celebration, I recommend John’s Grill in Old Town. Everything is delicious. From steak to seafood, all dishes are flavorful and showcase the head chef’s culinary expertise. My favorite is the steak and grilled prawns.