If there is one thing that Mill Creek does right, it’s hosting amazing community events. From 5K charity runs and holiday happenings to fun festivals and solemn ceremonies, Mill Creek does it all and then some!
Here is your complete guide to upcoming 2018 community events in Mill Creek:
- Where: Heatherwood Middle School (1419 Trillium Blvd. S.E. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- Friday, March 23, 2018; 6-7pm
Let your teens get in on the Easter fun at Mill Creek’s annual Flashlight Egg Hunt. Students from 6th-12th grade can bring a flashlight and scour Heatherwood Middle School for candy and other fun prizes while listening to today’s top radio hits. (Student ID and a signed parent/guardian waiver are required for participation.)
- Where: Heatherwood Middle School Field (1419 Trillium Blvd. S.E. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- Saturday, March 31, 2018; 10:30am – noon
A Mill Creek Easter tradition, families love coming together for the Eggstravaganza Egg Hunt. Over 18,000 eggs are spread out across multiple egg hunts and there is also face painting, balloon animals, music, fire truck tours, bounce houses, and a special visit from the Easter Bunny himself. The price of admission is a canned food item to benefit the Mill Creek Community Food Bank.
Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony & Parade
- Where: Ceremony: Mill Creek Veterans Monument (15429 Bothell Everett Hwy. Mill Creek, WA 98012); Parade: Main Street (between LA Fitness (15024 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012) & City Hall (15720 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012))
- May 28, 2018; Ceremony: 9:00am, Parade: 11:00am
Join the community on May 28 to pay respects to those who have given their lives for our country at Mill Creek’s Memorial Day Commemorative Ceremony & Parade. The event kicks off with a ceremony at the Veterans Monument featuring remarks by the mayor, a prayer from the police chaplain, a laying of a wreath, and more, and continues with the parade. Pay remembrance to a group of brave men and women at this touching event.
- Where: Town Center (1/2 mile north of S.W. 164th St. on Bothell Everett Hwy. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- June 7, July 12, August 9, 2018; 5:00pm-8:00pm
Explore the talent of the local community at Mill Creek’s annual Summer Art Walks. Stroll through Town Center, visit local artists and businesses, and observe a variety of art forms from photography to jewelry and even music. Free for all, this event is a great way to connect with the creative minds that make Mill Creek a beautiful place to live.
- Where: In the Mill Creek Town Center (15418 Main Street, Mill Creek WA 98012)
- 2018 Dates & Times: TBD
Enjoy some healthy competition at Mill Creek’s Run of the Mill 5K. “This is…becoming a very popular 5K run/walk that attracts the highest of competitors from the area, along with parents pushing their children in strollers,” says Travis. “All proceeds are donated to local charities! This event is normally held the end of June each year.” Keep your eyes on the Run of the Mill website for more information on registration for 2018.
3-on-3 Star Fest Basketball Tournament
- Where: Mill Creek City Hall Annex Parking Lot (15720 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- July 7-8, 2018; Time is TBD
Unleash your inner basketball star at Mill Creek’s 3-on-3 Star Fest Basketball Tournament. “…The city hosts a very popular outdoor 3-on-3 basketball tournament for participants of all ages and abilities,” Travis shares. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or still learning the ropes, you can have a great time at this event. Check the website for updates on registration for 2018.
- Where: Part of Mill Creek Blvd. behind Albertsons, Heading up a Portion of 161st Between Bank of America and Rite Aid (for full festival map, click here)
- July 14, 2018 11:00am-6:00pm; July 15, 2018 11:00am-5:00pm
No city is complete without an annual summer festival and Mill Creek is no exception. “One weekend each July, the city hosts the Mill Creek Festival and it is quickly becoming a hot ticket item,” shares Travis. “There are several stages set up around the festival to host music, a community stage with family friendly acts and even a large pet plaza! There are also over 50 vendors for shopping and eating opportunities!” If you want a sample of what Mill Creek has to offer, you will find that and so much more at this fabulous event.
- Where: Library Park (15429 Bothell-Everett Hwy. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- 2018 Dates & Times: TBD
If you want a fun summer event for your little one, look no further than the Summer Children’s Concerts at Library Park. Featuring four concerts over four weeks full of music, laughs, and entertainment for all ages, this event is sure to make for a memorable afternoon picnic for the whole family.
- Where: Buffalo Park (13401 44th Ave. S.E. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- August 7, 2018; 5:30pm-8:30pm
Working to build communities across the country, National Night Out is a campaign that promotes police-community partnerships, camaraderie among neighbors, and the development of safer, more caring communities overall. Block parties, cookouts, and other events are hosted throughout local neighborhoods and feature visits from emergency personnel, safety demonstrations, exhibits, and more. Mill Creek’s National Night Out is being held at Buffalo Park on August 7, so come out and show your support for local law enforcement and healthy neighborhood building at this event.
- Where: McCollum Park (600 128th St. S.E. Everett, WA 98204)
- 2018 Dates & Times: TBD
Grab your best pair of tennis shoes and join the community in the 5th annual Run with Heart, benefiting the Ironheart Foundation and Colton’s Army. This event offers a 5K, 8K, Kids 1K, and Toddler Dash races, so the whole family can compete, have fun, and support two wonderful non-profit organizations. Check the website for 2018 details and to register.
- Where: City Hall North Parking Lot (15728 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- October 31, 2018; 6:30pm-8:00pm
After hitting up the Town Center on Halloween, head to City Hall and continue the fun at Travis’ other suggested event. “At Halloween, they [Mill Creek] host[s] a “Trunk or Treat” event at City Hall where the city employees decorate their vehicles parked throughout the parking lot and hand out treats to kids as they walk by.” A safe and fun alternative to traditional trick-or-treating, this is one annual event you will not want to miss.
Veteran’s Day Ceremony & Parade
- Where: Ceremony: Mill Creek Veterans Monument (15429 Bothell Everett Hwy. Mill Creek, WA 98012); Parade: LA Fitness (15024 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)-City Hall (15720 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- November 10, 2018; Ceremony: 9:00am; Parade: 11:00am
Come out on November 11 and honor those who have fought for our freedom. According to Travis, “the city…has a yearly Veteran’s Day Parade. There is a large monument area to honor its veterans and it is located just south of the Mill Creek Library on Bothell-Everett Hwy.” With a ceremony at the monument before the parade, this event is the perfect way to show your support for our nation’s armed forces.
Santa Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Where: Santa Parade: LA Fitness (15024 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)-City Hall (15720 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012); Tree Lighting: City Hall (15720 Main St. Mill Creek, WA 98012)
- December 1, 2018; Santa Parade: TBD; Tree Lighting: 4:00pm
When the holiday season rolls around, Mill Creek celebrates in style. “Around Christmas time, the city has a Santa Parade and Tree Lighting ceremony that is a lot of fun,” Travis shares. Past events have included complimentary train rides for the kids, pictures with Santa before the parade, and other activities provided by the merchants in Town Center. Keep your eyes peeled for more information about this year’s rendition of this yuletide favorite.