Woodinville is world-class wine country in our own backyard! With tasting rooms for every palate from boutique distilleries like Woodinville Whiskey to the mega winery Chateau Ste Michelle, you’re guaranteed a fabulous experience. It’s fun to learn about the wine-making process and talk to people who are knowledgeable and passionate about local wine.
Here’s a look at 15 wineries (+1 “honorable mention”) plus insider tips in Woodinville:
Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery
- Located at 14111 NE 145th St. Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 10:00am-5:00pm
With historic charm and unparalleled tasting experiences, it is not hard to see why Chateau Ste. Michelle is an award-winning winery. Dating back to the repeal of Prohibition, Chateau Ste. Michelle has produced premier wines for 50 years; from vintage whites and reds to local bottles and much more, you will find a wine to suit every occasion. The Chateau offers various unique tours and tastings ranging from $10-$100 per person. You can learn more about these tastings here.
- Located at 19501 144th Ave. NE D-600 Woodinville, WA 98072 (Warehouse District Winery & Tasting Room); 14505 148th Ave. NE Woodinville, WA 98072 (Hollywood Hill Tasting Room)
- Hours: Warehouse District: 3:00pm-7:00pm Friday, 12:00pm-5:00pm Saturday-Sunday. Hollywood Hills: 12:00pm-7:00pm Monday-Thursday, 12:00pm-9:00pm Friday-Saturday, 12:00pm-6:00pm Sunday
If you’re not exactly a wine connoisseur but still enjoy a glass now and then, you’ll appreciate the selection at Patterson Cellars. Winemaker and owner John Patterson has been creating approachable wines since 2000. Each red, white, and rose is crafted in the new world style and includes knowledgeable descriptions on the taste and food pairings.
You can join Patterson himself at the Warehouse District Winery for a tasting, or, if you’re looking for something more cozy, at the Hollywood Hills Tasting Room for a seat by the fireplace and some live music. Each flight costs $10, but this can be waived with a minimum $25 wine purchase.
- Located at 14404 137th Pl. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-4:00pm Friday-Sunday (final pour at 3:45pm)
A required visit for wine tourists, JM Cellars combines delicious wines with the love and care that can only come from a family-run business. Owners John and Peggy have ensured that the grapes they receive are sustainably and organically grown, with the grapes from Margaret’s Vineyard specifically being clones of ones from the Bordeaux region of France. This makes for a small but high-quality selection of limited-release red, white, and rose wines with tastes that cannot be found anywhere else in North America.
You can get a sample of these unique wines at JM Cellars for $15 per person (waived with a $45 wine purchase). To learn more about scheduling your tasting at JM Cellars, click here.
Aspenwood Cellars Winery
- Located at 18642 142nd Ave. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:00pm Saturday-Sunday (March-November); 12:00pm-4:00pm Saturday-Sunday (December-February)
Dedicated to selling the community only the highest quality wines, Aspenwood Cellars knows that “great wine is made in the vineyard.” Over the years, Aspenwood has worked with some of the best local vineyards to produce merlots, cabernets, syrahs, and more with bold tastes that can only come from step-by-step care and preparation. To learn more about how you can taste test some of these wonderful wines for yourself, click here.
Airfield Estates Woodinville Tasting Room
- Located at 14450 Redmond-Woodinville Rd. NE #109 Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-5:00pm Sunday-Wednesday & 11:00am-6:00pm Thursday-Saturday (January-April); 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday-Wednesday & 11:00am-7:00pm Thursday-Sunday (May-December)
For a winery visit unlike any other, check out Airfield Estates. A portion of this winery’s property once served as a training base for Army Air Corps. pilots during World War II and a few of the original planes can still be seen on site as farm storage facilities. Each wine at Airfield Estates is grown at the estate and features names that reflect its heritage, like “Hellcat” and “Aviator.”
Wine tastings are an affordable $5 per person (or $160 per person for the VIP experience) and reservations can be made here.
- Located at 15007 Redmond-Woodinville Rd. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 1:00pm-5:00pm Friday; 12:00pm-5:00pm Saturday-Sunday
Producing fine wines of distinction and character, Celaeno Winery is one of Woodinville’s hidden gems. Winemaker Brian Countryman not only proves to be an entertaining and personable host at all wine tastings, but also works carefully with select Washington vineyards to create syrahs, viogniers, and other wines that are both light and full of delicious flavors. To find out more about how you can schedule a wine tasting at this great establishment, contact Celaeno Winery today.
- Located at 19501 144th Ave. NE E-400 Woodinville, WA 98072 (Warehouse District Winery & Tasting Room); 14473 Woodinville-Redmond Rd. Woodinville, WA 98072 (Hollywood Hills Tourist District Tasting Room)
- Hours: Warehouse District: 1:00pm-5:00pm Saturday-Sunday (new summer hours: 12:00pm-6:00pm Saturday); Hollywood Hills: 1:00pm-6:00pm (new summer hours: 12:00pm-7:00pm Saturday)
With a simple tagline of “Family. Good Livin’. Damn Fine Wine,” Sparkman Cellars is a labor of love started by the Sparkman family back in 2004. Producing award-winning wines like its 2013 Holler Cabernet Sauvignon and 2013 Birdie Riesling, the winery works with the best vineyards in the Northwest and gives the Sparkmans the opportunity to give back to the community and combine art, science, agriculture, philosophy, and “all the Good Stuff from Life” into something that everyone can enjoy. You can visit Sparkman Cellar at its Warehouse District or Hollywood Hills Tasting Room for a delicious experience!
- Located at 19501 144th Ave. NE C-900 Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:00pm Thursday-Friday (live music 5:00pm-8:00pm Friday); 12:00pm-6:00pm Saturday-Sunday; by appointment Monday-Wednesday
With a 126-acre estate vineyard, Kestrel Vintners promises to bring you the best tastes that the Yakima Valley can offer. Combining old world methodology with new world techniques, they create wines that give you a real sense of place and unmatched passion, wisdom, hospitality, and stewardship. You can try any of four series of wines (the Artist Series, the Falcon Series, the Winemaker’s Select series, or the Signature Series) at Kestrel’s Woodinville Cellar & Tasting Room.
- Located at 14525 148th Ave. NE #122 Woodinville, WA 98072 (Tasting Room); 19501 144th Ave. NE E-600 Woodinville, WA, 98072 (Newsprint Tasting Room)
- Hours: Tasting Room: 12:00pm-5:00pm Monday-Thursday, 12:00pm-7:00pm Friday-Saturday, 12:00pm-6:00pm Sunday; Newsprint Tasting Room: 12:00pm-5:00pm Saturday-Sunday
With full-time jobs as a police officer and a reporter, the owners of Guardian Cellars made a leap and opened their own winery! The risk has definitely paid off, as Guardian continues to grow and serve the Woodinville area some of the most stellar red, white, and rose wines around.
You can check out these amazing sips at their Tasting Room for $15 per person or their special Newsprint Tasting Room for $10 per person (the Newsprint Tasting Room is only open when wines are available, so be sure to check their Facebook page for updates before scheduling).
- Located at 14421 Woodinville-Redmond Rd. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 12:00pm-7:00pm Friday; 11:00am-5:00pm Saturday
Founded in 1992, DeLille Cellars brings complex tastes and Bordeaux tradition to Woodinville. Its Chaleur Estate Rouge and D2 wines are blended from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc, while the Chaleur Estate Blanc blends together Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, creating diverse aromas and a classic structure that showcases the purity of the fruit that defines Washington State’s territory.
DeLille offers tastings in their Carriage House Tasting Room, with a fee of $20-$30 per person, depending on party size. Grab your friends and prepare to spend a luxurious afternoon at DeLille Cellars.
Alexandria Nicole Cellars
- Located at 14810 NE 145th St. Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-5:00pm Monday-Saturday; 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday; Wine Down Fridays: 5:00pm-8:00pm
With an onsite vineyard, Alexandria Nicole Cellars has complete control over the quality of its wine from bud to bottle. The 267 acres of planted vines include 23 varietals that, through attentive management and sustainable practices, create a wide variety of fabulous red and white wines (a complete list of the types of wines produced at Alexandria Nicole Cellars can be found here).
You can get a sample of these wines at Alexandria Nicole’s Hollywood Schoolhouse Tasting Room for a $20 tasting fee or $30 reserve tasting upon appointment. To learn more about Alexandria Nicole’s Hollywood Schoolhouse Tasting Room, click here.
- Located at 14030 NE 145th St. Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-6:00pm Saturday-Thursday; 11:00am-7:00pm Friday
Founded in 1962 by a group of 10 friends, Columbia Winery proves the potential of winegrowing in the Columbia Valley. Its portfolio of Cabernet Sauvignons, Chardonnays, and some of the best Washington wines selected from exceptional vineyard sites help to create one of the state’s most premium wineries.
You can enjoy a tasting at Columbia Winery for $12 per person, which includes a selection of unique Northwest-inspired culinary offerings to further enhance your experience.
Mark Ryan Winery
- Located at 14475 Woodinville-Redmond Rd. Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:00pm Monday-Friday; 12:00pm-6:00pm Saturday-Sunday; Happy Hour: 5:00pm-7:00pm Thursday-Friday
Founded in 1999 and settled in Woodinville in 2003, Mark Ryan Winery is dedicated to making delicious wines that represent the vineyard from which they come. Owner Mark Ryan McNeilly is largely self-taught and through rigorous study and the advice of some of the area’s most experienced producers, crafts unique flavors like his 2014 Dead Horse, Water Witch, and Long Haul red wines. For a taste of what Mark Ryan Winery has to offer, visit their tasting room in Woodinville!
Novelty Hill/Januik Wineries
- Located at 14710 Woodinville-Redmond Rd. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-5:00pm
What could be better that one winery? How about two! Novelty Hill and Januik Wineries came together in 2000 under the winemaking helm of renowned vintner Mike Januik. They focus on the creation of limited release and premium varietal clone wines, with only the best fruit and detailed concentration put into each bottle.
If you’d like a chance to try these wines for yourself, you can choose from a variety of 5 different tasting experiences to suit your needs. To learn more about the tasting experiences at Novelty Hill/Januik Wineries, click here.
- Located at 19730 144th Ave. NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Hours: 12:00pm-5:00pm
With award-winning wines, Efeste proves that sometimes less is more. This winery follows a minimal winemaking approach, which includes native fermentation that gives each wine the unique taste of the vineyard from which it came.
The Efeste family label of red and white wines can be experienced daily for a tasting fee of $15 (or complimentary with membership in the Wine Club). For directions and more information on visiting Efeste for a tasting, click here.
Woodinville Whiskey Co.
- Located at 14509 Woodinville Redmond Rd. NE Woodinville, WA. 98072
- Hours: 11:00am-5:00pm
There’s more to Woodinville than just wine! If you’re looking to mix things up a bit, check out Woodinville Whiskey Co. This distillery features four different styles of smooth whiskey made from only the finest ingredients in Washington State, plus all of the supplies you need to make your own whiskey at home.
For a taste of some of the best homemade whiskey around, grab $10 (for the tasting fee) and head to Woodinville Whiskey Co.